The Mission of the ALS Resource Group is to provide a non-threatening environment in which:
- To share positive strategies for coping with ALS.
- To show care and concern for ALS patients and caregivers.
- To provide opportunities for socializing.
- To share information about ALS.
- To educate others about ALS.
The ALS Resource Group is about sharing both difficulties and successes, but most of all it is all about support. At most of our meetings we will have a professional presenting methods on how to deal with problems encountered with ALS and care giving.
If you decide to come to an ALS Support Group, come at least three times to figure out if it is right for you. The first time can be scary not knowing what you will see or hear. The second time, you feel more comfortable and start taking in more information. By the third time, you stop seeing people with ALS and just see people who are your friends and supporters.”